About your Intravenous (IV) Infusion
How to Prepare for your IV Therapy Infusion:
- Prior to the arrival of a team member, we recommend consuming plenty of water and having a bite to eat for best results.
What to expect during your IV Therapy Infusion:
- The RN/Medic will explain each step of the process. The RN/Medic will first review client paperwork and discuss your medical history.
- During treatment, a Registered Nurse or Paramedic will insert an IV line into an accessible vein. The IV line is attached to a bag of saline, which is hung above the patient’s head. Essential fluids and minerals inside of the IV bag will be carried to the veins over a period of time. The duration of treatment typically lasts between 30 – 45 mins
- Occasionally, our clients might report cooling of their arm or a warm sensation as certain nutrients enter their bloodstream. These are normal occurrences.
- If you experience pain during the IV, please notify the RN/Medic right away. Some discomfort is normal but the RN/Medic will assess the IV to make sure it is flowing properly.